Saturday, November 6, 2010

Derm

After months of busy hospital work, I finally have a much needed clinic month. Weekends off and no call! That's music to my exhausted ears. However, it isn't just time to relax, I still get to learn. Currently, I'm working with a Dermatologist at Offutt airforce base, and this is something I've really been needing. It may surprise you, but UNMC doesn't have a dermatologist. That's made it kind of difficult to get much derm experience in the last few years.

Now, after one week I'm feeling more comfortable with skin diseases than I ever have. Have acne, sun damage, a weird mole, eczema, or psoriasis? I'm your doc! Okay, I might not have learned everything yet... but I still have a week to go. ;)

Before you ask, if you're looking for some free advice here's what I have for ya':
1) Don't smoke.
2) Wear sunscreen. Seriously. Wear sunscreen!
3) Ask your doctor about Retin-A. It's great for acne and anti-aging.

Looking forward to next week already!

3 comments:

  1. I think I'm definitely going to have to check in to Retin A or whatever you said is anti aging stuff Susan! :) 50 and lookin it..!
    anyway, maybe I'll wait till you get here to check it out.. I don't make visits to a doctor much at all..(thankful) (of course by then I'll have 50,000 more wrinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad for your new schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need some more free advice...Can you look at this rash for me?
    ;)

    Yay for weekends off!

    ReplyDelete