Friday, April 29, 2011

It's Hard to Believe...

... that Easter was already nearly a week ago. Although we didn't have spectacular plans, it was a fun weekend. (Really, any weekend I have off is fun.) It was also the first Easter Owen has been old enough to do anything "Easter-y". And it didn't take him long to figure out that finding eggs in the backyard was more than a chore when he realized they were filled with his favorite treats: mini-M&Ms. What can I say the boy loves chocolate... just like his mama! He also looked handsome in his Easter outfit for church. But, as much fun as it is to dress up and eat candy, I hope that he grows up appreciating Easter for its true meaning.

... that my ICU month is down to one more weekend, and one last call. For nearly a year I stressed about this month, but looking back I am so thankful. I still feel like I have so much more to learn, but taking care of some of the sickest patients around has been an awesome experience. I have more respect for my patients. I have more appreciation for their families. I have more awe for unexplained outcomes. I have more confidence in my own instincts. And I have more love for what I do.

... my belly is this big already! In a little over 11 weeks (plus or minus a couple), we'll be meeting little Newman #2. Talk about "it's hard to believe!" We still don't have anything for his nursery, or a baby book, or an outfit to bring him home from the hospital. The one thing we do have is a name... But, no, we aren't sharing. Something has to be a surprise.

... our house is on the market and we are getting ever closer to the big move. Now that the sign is standing tall in our front yard, we just need that special buyer to walk in the front door and sign on the dotted line. Any day now, I hope.

... that I got sucked into the "Royal Wedding." For as little t.v. as I've watched lately, I spent way too much time this evening watching every carefully choreographed move of a couple I have absolutely no attachment to. As useless as my gawking was, I must say that she looked amazing and they way they looked at each other was terribly romantic. Okay, now I'm really getting pathetic.

... that I'm 27. I don't why I thought of that, but I'm getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment