Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Post-call Treat for Me

Sleep deprivation can do a number on a person's ability to make good decisions. At work, we've been told that when we drive home after a 30-hour shift our abilities are equivalent to someone driving legally drunk. Makes you feel pretty safe, huh? They have even contemplated making us take mandatory naps before we leave the hospital. Can you imagine? Back to preschool we go.

In addition to our driving abilities, they have done studies about spending habits when residents are sleep deprived. Sure people buy junk food, clothes, shoes, etc... But, I've even known a resident who bought a car post-call.

Well, after a long, very long, call night (which included me breaking into hormonal tears at one point) I had my own impulse purchase. I finally bought a nice camera! Some impulse purchases people regret, but I'm not regretting this one yet. Although I still have a lot to learn, it has been a lot of fun so far.

Here are a few shots of my favorite subject from my post-call purchase:




No comments:

Post a Comment