Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What a Day

Have you ever gone to bed at night and thought, "Wow, if I had only known what this day would hold when I woke up this morning..."? It was one of those days today for me. Yesterday at this time our lives were different. More uncertain. So much hanging over us.

As I finished up work on a presentation this morning I heard Jason in the other room on the phone. Anytime he's on the phone, I play this game with myself and try to guess who he's talking to and what they are talking about. Not to brag, but I'm pretty good at it, too. So even though I had it all figured out by the time he hung up, it was still a relief to hear Jason confirm my suspicion. He was indeed talking to our real estate agent, and we indeed had a negotiated contract on our house. Yes! This is what we've been waiting for. Of course there are a lot of hoops yet to jump through, but we are one huge step closer. If everything falls into place we will close on July 27. God's timing is perfect! We'll get to bring Baby Newman #2 home to our home (not to a temporary apartment or hotel), and yet we won't have to pay a single extra month of our mortgage. What's even more, our yearly flood insurance premium is (or would be) due on... you guessed it: July 28. Perfect.

If that isn't enough exciting news for one day, I had an Ob appointment this afternoon. Everything is moving along smoothly, and they started my "checks" today. 2-cm and 50%. Whoohoo. The doctor in me says to chill out because a single check doesn't mean a single thing (I could go into labor tonight or in a month); however, the expectant mom in me is excited that this body of mine is actually doing something, and we'll be having a baby soon. Although my due date would say I still have 4 weeks, I just got a little more hope that it won't be nearly that long.

Wow, what a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment