Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Awesome

Trust me, my job is not always overwhelming and depressing. Looking back on the past few stories I've shared, it would be natural to think that I'm crazy to keep doing what I'm doing. But really, my job is awesome! To prove it, here are a few things I love...

... hearing the nurses at my clinic refer patients to "Dr. Newman."
... seeing the bellies of my Ob patients grow at each visit.
... discharging a patient from the hospital happier and healthier than when they came.
... coming up with a treatment plan and then hearing my staff say "I like it!"
... when patients quit smoking.
... hearing a murmur that no one else heard.
... counseling patient's on their end of life wishes before it's necessary.
... post-call naps.
... educating someone that what they read on the internet isn't true.
... knowing what our pediatrician will say when Owen has an appointment.
... when patients say "Thank You."
... trying to answer friends and family's (mostly Jason's) weird medical questions.
... laughing at far-fetched medical dramas.
... free food and Diet Coke.
... every morning when Jason gives me a kiss and says "Save a life today!"

Totally Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment