Sunday, May 23, 2010

Beginning

Ready or not, here we come. A new batch of doctors is about to be unleashed into the hospitals of our country this summer. I am one of them. You will soon find me walking the halls of the hospital at 2AM in my long white coat with M.D. embroidered after my name. What a humbling thought. It's not a Halloween costume, and it's no longer a dream - I am a doctor.

I am, also, a mother. At this moment, my handsome little guy is asleep in his crib. It is hard to believe he is 5 months old already. I absolutely love being his mom! It is everything I imagined it would be, and at the same time it is nothing that I imagined it would be. Amazing. Absolutely, amazing.

Now comes the challenge. How does one person live two, very busy, lives? And, live them well? These roles are both things that I have wanted and worked very hard to attain. Although it will be a juggling act like no other, I believe God has graciously gifted me the ability to do both. Because I know this year is going to be challenging and life-changing, this "blog" is my attempt to record it, remember it, and learn from it. Journaling has always been an outlet for me, so this doesn't seem too unnatural. Actually, it is exciting. It will be fun to take you, my family and friends, along with me on this journey. Read along. Make comments. Give encouragement. Criticize. As much as I can't wait to see how much my little 14-pound (yes, we know he's a light-weight, but he's healthy and that's all that matters), 20-something inches son will grow, I also am excited to see how much I will grow in the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment