Thursday, August 5, 2010

Survived

Four days into one of the most feared months of my intern year and I'm surviving, actually, I may even be liking it. (There's a little hesitation because I don't want to ginx it this early.) My team is fun and easy to get along with, and the attendings are great teachers. That makes for a great combo! This month might not be the end of me after all.

Yesterday was my first of seven call nights. Never, not even once, have I heard of someone getting any sleep on a call night at Children's, at least not more than 30 minutes, so I geared up for a long night. To everyone's surprise it was a relatively calm night. If it weren't for the perfectly wrong placement of the pharmacy tube directly on the other side of the wall from my pillow that was sending medications up to and down from the floor all night long, I might have even had a couple hours of sleep. One down, six to go - the next of which is Saturday. Oooh... my stomach just contracted a little being reminded that it is just two days away.

No comments:

Post a Comment